27 November 2007
1. Yahoo! : Personalized content and search options. Chatrooms, free e-mail, clubs, and pager.
2.Google India: Indian version of this popular search engine. Search the whole web or only webpages from India. Interfaces offered in English, Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi and Tamil.3.
3.Google: Enables users to search the Web, Usenet, and images. Features include PageRank, caching and translation of results, and an option to find similar pages. The company's focus is developing search technology.
4.Orkut: Social networking and discussion site operated by Google.
5.Rediff.com :Online portal with free e-mail and many other services.
6.YouTube: YouTube is a way to get your videos to the people who matter to you. Upload, tag and share your videos worldwide!
7.Windows Live: Search engine from Microsoft.
8.Blogger.com: Free, automated weblog publishing tool that sends updates to a site.
9.Rapidshare.com: File-sharing website
10.Wikipedia: An online collaborative encyclopedia.
11.Facebook: A social utility that connects people, to keep up with friends, upload photos, share links and videos.
12.Microsoft Network (MSN)Dialup access and content provider.
13.MoneyControl.com: It s the official site for CNBC TV18, and provides news, views, and analysis on equity / stock markets, commodities, personal finance, mutual funds, insurance and loans.
14.Naukri.com: job site
15.Indiatimes:Portal site; includes news stories under subject headings, and links to other information sources.
16.Microsoft CorporationMain site for product information, support, and news.
17.CricinfoInternational cricket news, live scores, photos, columns and player profiles. Provides archive scorecards, statistics database, ratings and email newsletter. Part of ESPN International. UK.
21.Sify.com: Potal for news, business, shopping, sports, movies, vedic astrology, food, and bollywood videos for Indians and NRIs. The largest Indian Communitysify.comSite info for
22.Masala TalkChat about Bollywood, movies, and music.
23.Monsterindia.com: job site
24.Indian Railway Catering and Tourism CorporationOffers online rail ticket booking, and checking of ticket reservation status. Includes train schedules, availability of tickets, and a travel planner.
25.ICICI BankOffers a wide range of banking products and financial services to corporate and retail customers.
(Data courtesy Alexa )
Have a look at the following facts:
- SRK is seen hugging the Indian team at Johannesburg after T20 triumph with the song CHAK DE playing in the background....
- SRK extends his sudden and newly found love with cricket and is seen sitting with Deeepika first at Mumbai in the T20 match with Australia and then at the Jaipur one-day, BCCI cries foul, but Khan says he was there for his kids.His kids are no where in the picture though,but both of them share many frames sitting together.
(I guess she was there as a close friend, and not as a co-star...Mr. Khan,we are not fools!!)
- He's been all painted in the newspapers and Tabloids with his newly acquired and hyper hyped SIX-PACK ABS....
- Random Press-conferences and product launches have assured that one gets his daily dose on the masala news channels.OSO promos have also flooded the small screen with huge frequencies...
- Recently Mr.BHARAT aka Manoj Kumar was visibly very angry at his potrayal in the film.That controversy also hogged quite some limelight.After comments and apologies, the matter was finally settled..
- I also read that he has been voted as the sexiest man in ASIA.. :) !!! (DON"T TELL ME!!)
Too much for a coincidence?Sample this...
SRK's OSO has reportedly made over 100 crores within just 2 weeks of its release and is holding good for many more.....
So....the moral of the story is, you can love him, you can hate him, or curse him or envy him, but there's little denying the fact that he is genius at his work.
SRK's '720 degree' marketing skills has let him to earn many a buck from a below average film like OSO , installed him as the ultimate KING of Bollywood and the most talked about man in INDIA.
He seems to be everywhere, Indians have been 'KHANISED'....
01 November 2007
- The unsuspecting rickshaw walah who moves diligently in the left lane can any time stick his hand out and take a 90 degree turn right in middle of the road. No matter whether you are on a scooter, car speeding at 90 or even a truck, he trusts your judgement.He knows you will save him( and then save yourself!!
- Rule 1: The road belongs to the rickshawwalah, its you who will have to break.
- Corollary: Its your responsibility to save him, he has a family to look after.
- Never mess with a cow.Its always advisable to slow down and take it around her. Our holy cow is the most peaceful and calm creature on earth, so Honking will do you no good.
- The man on the motorcycle will find every inch of space,in between the cars, between the footpath and the buses etc. to go as far ahead as possible(read 2-3 meters) on a red light.
- Rule 3: Make some space for the motorcyclists on the red light, there are always in a hurry.
- Corollary(for the motorcyclists): keep moving ahead on a red-light till you actually start seeing it.
- Don’t abuse the driver if you stick yourself behind an autorickshaw or even deadlier - a Vikram(a deadly blue colored goods auto). Its completely your fault, and your responsibility to speed up and change lanes as soon as possible.(as it is completely beyond their ability).
- Rule4:As soon as you see an Auto, its time to change lanes.
- If a car is honking madly behind you, its best to give them the way. 90% chance is that it would be a Gurgaon heading Qualis!
- Rule 5: Everybody’s in a hurry, except you.
- Beware of girls driving cars.Its best to not move in their lane. You are doomed if you are behind one in a traffic jam.As much they have outsmarted boys in other fronts, handling the steering is one art in which they still face a lot of difficulty. Typical situations include parking or taking the car out of parking, u-turns, traffic jams etc.
- Rule 6: When you find no reason why that car isn’t moving, it’s either broken down, or there’s a lady at the wheel.
- When you are in a car, no matter whether you hit the scooter/rickshaw or the they hit you, You are always the guilty party.
- Rule7: In an accident, your mistake is exponentially proportional to the number of wheels you are on.
- Exceptions:If there is a women involved, her party will win by mass sympathy.
- In an accident, if you are the younger party, there are chances that you will lose always.
- Rule 8: Young men are , by law, rash drivers.
- Don’t mess with the buses and the trucks.No matter whether they hit you or you hit them, You are the one who will be hit, and that too badly!
- Rule 9:Always move a lane clear from the six-wheel monsters.
- No traffic rules exist as such. They only come into effect after you pay your first challan(the more, the earlier) or as soon as you see a white-blue human being.
- Rule 10:Traffic rules apply to everybody, except you.
- A traffic policeman always appears when you have most innocently forgotten to wear your seat-belt or while talking on phone, and that too, when you least expect him too.
- Rule 11:Everyday on Road, is not your lucky day.
- Corollary:You can’t beat traffic policemen at ‘Hide n Seek’.
- Think twice before pressing the pedal on an empty 3-lane road.There are chances that there’s a traffic police jeep at its end.
- Rule 12: Speed limits only come into play on empty roads.
- Don’t kick yourself for getting stuck in slower lane.
- Rule 13(Murphy law):When you are standing in a lane, the other lane always moves faster.
- Corollary: As soon as you switch lanes, your old lane speeds up.
The final golden rule was put very aptly by my driver when he was teaching me driving:
‘…… on the road, people don’t care about their lives, it’s you who has the responsibility to save them. So Drive safely!….’
( I’m sure you have some other rules as well, enhance this handbook in Public Interest!)
Copyright © 2007 - Vaneet Aggarwal.